If you have new iPhone or need to get your data back after resetting your device, restoring from your iCloud backup is easy. To start on the restoration process, you’ll need to have backups turned on and a previous backup on your account. Once you’ve done this, here’s how to restore all your data.
Starting the Update
When you’re setting up a new iOS device, such as an iPhone, iPad, or iPod, here’s a step-by-step process to access your iCloud backup:
- Complete the initial setup including choosing the default language, location settings, and connecting to Wi-Fi.
- Once you reach the Apps & Data section, tap “Restore from iCloud Backup.”
- Enter your Apple ID and password to sign into your iCloud account.
- Select “Choose backup” and tap the backup you want restored.
- Follow every prompt until the restoration is complete.
Be sure to stay connected to your Wi-Fi throughout the restoration.
During the Process
Restoring from an iCloud Backup can drain your battery quickly, so plug in your iPhone if possible. Don’t be alarmed if your phone gets a little warm during the restoration too–this is normal. Once you’re able to access your Home screen, you’ll see that most of your apps are darkened. This is indicating that they aren’t downloaded yet, but are in the process.
After It’s Complete
Once your restoration has finished, you’re good to go! You can enjoy all the apps and files you previously backed up via iCloud. Now that you have a new phone ready to go, you might be wondering, “Where can I find iPhone accessories near me?” As an Apple authorized dealer, MelroseMAC has all the accessories you need.
If you still have your old phone on you, you might be searching the web for “Apple reseller near me.” We’ll take care of that too. For all your Apple device needs, contact us online or stop by one of our locations.