Apple has once again made a new laptop unit available to the public, the MacBook. It has almost similar features with their high end units. It is only for $999 but you will never get wrong with the numerous benefits packaged with it. It comes with Intel’s 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo processor and 2GB RAM a 250 GB HD and Nvidia GeForce 320M graphics card. The advantage of this unit is that you can upgrade it to a 4GB RAM and a 500GB hard drive. For an extra $200, you can get the lustrous, trendy and more-feature packed 13-inch MacBook Pro.
In the following review, you will get a view of the MacBook’s specifications and powerful features despite of its budget friendly price.
On the left side are the power and Ethernet jack, a mini-Display Port connector, 2 USB ports, headphone/microphone sockets, and a security-lock slot.
Looking at the body of the unit, you can locate at the left side the ports for the connections necessary for use. You can find a MagSafe power connector, GB Ethernet jack, a tiny DisplayPort connector, 2 USB ports, headphone/microphone sockets, and security lock slot to fasten your notebook to the desk. At the right side of the body, you will find an optical drive. There are no indicator lights while charging the battery and no flash card reader available.
At just 1 inch thick and 4.7 pounds, the MacBook is easily portable.
It is just 1 inch thick and weighs 4.7 pounds. The screen size is 13.3 inches with a LED backlit display. It has a built in resolution of 1,280×800. The iSight camera is located center above the screen’s frame, with a camera on indicator. Underneath you will find the square-style keyboard, not backlit but you will not find any difficulty typing on and is soft touch. At the bottom of the board is a big glass track pad which is touch sensitive and highly responsive.
The iSight Webcam has a “camera on” indicator.
Underneath the full-size keyboard, you’ll find the large, multi-touch track pad made of glass.
The bottom area of the notebook is covered with an anti-slip material.
The MacBook 2.4GHz 2010 version comes with a 365-days limited warranty with 900-days no charge telephone support. You can increase your warranty for two years more for just an additional $249.
The MacBook has a nice design with its curved edges and sturdy body.
If you were to decide which unit to choose between MacBook and the 13-inch MacBook Pro, the two are almost similar in specs. For just $999, MacBook is already a big savings.
Here are the inside features of the new MacBook 2.4GHz 2010 version:
1. The processor is Intel’s Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz
2. The graphics chip set has the Nvidia GeForce 320M with 256MB of shared memory. It can handle casual video editing and there is no found problem during the editing.
3. The battery is tremendously charged to run for as long as ten hours. The unit was tested on a DVD random test by running a set of DVD movies until the battery dies. The running time was seven hours and twelve minutes.
4. For the iTunes test, eleven standard audio tracks were played from an MP3 format to AAC format and it finished in just three minutes and fifty two seconds.
5. The MacOS X Snow Leopard operating system (version 10.6) with the iLife ’09 software suite which is highly useful for commercial and personal consumption.