Here is another top of the line release from Apple’s iMac collection, the 27-inch 2010 version of iMac. You will get it at a price of $1,699 with an Intel’s 3.2GHz Core i3, a 1TB HD, and the ATI Radeon HD 5670 chipset with 512 discrete memory. And if you want it upgraded, you just need to add $300 for Intel’s Core i5 2.8GHz processor and ATI Radeon HD 5750 chipset plus 1GB memory. These two units have 2,560×1, 440 screen resolution.
Here are the features of the latest iMac:
1. The body – is lustrous and simple with the aluminum body enclosure. It has headphone/microphone sockets, 4 USB ports, and connectors for F-Wire, mini Display Port, Ethernet, including the power jack at the back. At the right to the screen are the SD card reader slot and optical drive. The LED backlit sleek 27” screen is sleek suitable for high quality viewing. The base of its body can be easily tilted and adjusting the angles is even and superior. The viewing perspective is outstanding wherever you are positioned facing the screen.
The 27-inch iMac is about 1.5” thick.
At the back are microphone/headphone sockets, 4 USB ports, and F-Wire, Displayport, Ethernet, and power connections.
2. Wireless Bluetooth keyboard – it almost flat with a rounded area at the back for the batteries.
The wireless keyboard that comes standard with the iMac is almost ¾ the size of a traditional keyboard.
The slim keyboard has built-in Bluetooth and needs two AA batteries.
3. The Magic Mouse – It is like the touch pad of a laptop. It has no buttons and touch sensitive.
The Magic Mouse functions like the touch pad.
4. The iSight camera – It produces good quality images. You can also get the remote control for an extra $19.
5. Graphics card – the integrated ATI Radeon HD4670 chipset with 1GB memory makes the iMac capable for gaming and home video watching.
6. Mac OS X Snow Leopard OS (version 10.6) – includes iLife ’09 is suitable for all purpose media creation that outlasts any other inclusions of other PCs.
7. A 12 months warranty and 3 months no-charge telephone support. You may upgrade your warranty to an additional two years for only $169 extra cost.
With all the rising competitors of multifunctional PCs, Apple has once again showed to the world that it is not allowing anybody to overtake them in the market.