Networking and internet are the basis of today’s business oriented world. Consequently, server downtime has to be avoided at every possible cost because even a minute downtime can result in serious business damages which, of course, no one wants to bear. One must ensure that his/her website is free of downtime issues and running smoothly.
In order to deal with these issues of server downtime and slow web performance, server monitoring tools have been developed with a number of such tools readily available out there in the market. These tools serve the purpose of providing real-time information before the occurrence of any damage. Some critical system parameters which have been identified as the basis of failures or server downtime are listed:
- Disk space usage.
- CPU utilization.
- Bandwidth usage.
- Operating temperature of server and related equipments.
- Server RAM.
As server monitoring tools provide valuable information about system, one can take preventive measures before any incident. A list of valuable server monitoring tools is presented:
10 Best Server Monitoring Tools
- Simple Server Monitor: This is an amazing monitoring tool which measures the downtime and uptime of any website and displays it in percentage. Whenever, server starts slowing down, it generates a message to the owner of the site.
- Load Impact: One of the most useful online tools for server monitoring is the Load Impact tool which evaluates the performance of the server and the website. It also gives information about the traffic of connections that are being handled by the server. This tool comes in two versions, either free tool can be used or professional services can be hired.
- Macfee Secure: When it comes to internet security, Macfee is one of the most prominent names. Macfee has developed this tool for protecting websites from suspicious virus, spams and Trojans. It also ensures website protection from hacking activates.
- SiteUptime: Website availability can be checked on regular basis with the help of SiteUptime sever monitoring tool. This tool monitors the server activity on per-minute basis and generates Email alerts in case of problems occurring.
- Dotcom monitor: This tool keeps on monitoring the performance of a website as well as its uptime. It provides an effective analysis regarding website performance.
- Pingdom: A very useful server monitoring tool is the Pingdom tool which allows viewing the status of website as well as the server that is being monitored. It generates downtime alerts which can be received on mobile devices also. Response time and downtime can be monitored; uptime graphs can be monitored along with checking various other settings.
- Nagios: This is an exclusive system monitoring infrastructure which provides a complete snapshot of all network operations. It is composed of system metrics, operating systems, services, applications and network protocols.
- Nimsoft Monitoring Solutions: This useful tool keeps tracking server resources including disks, logs, memory, counters etc. This useful information can be displayed in real-time.
- Webmetrics: This tool comes with a user friendly interface and a variety of functions for measuring different system parameters.
- Applications Manager: This tool in combination with Server Management helps administrators to figure out the source of failure in case of any server downtime.
Crystal J. Briscoe is from Self Test Engine. Looking for 050-728 exam help? Let’s take advantage of Self Test Engine self paced EX0-105 training and pass your IT exams on first try. Prepare yourself for world Top IT Certification with Selftest Engine, outstanding exam practice software provide you everything that you you require for Exams practice.