Losing important data is a nightmare for any organization and in the event of a server crash, organizations may lose all sorts of essential data. Moreover, it is not easy to recover data from a server. One may look for data recovery software or other similar solutions, but, at times the issue is so serious that it gets difficult to recover the crashed data.
Data Recovery Firms
For this matter, many IT companies offer data recovery solutions. Such companies prove to be very useful when the problem is hardware related or because of complicated software defects. Large organizations with loads of data on the server hire server recovery firms to help them recover their data. It is also important to note here that only those files can be recovered which have not been corrupted.
Other Data Recovery Options
Sometimes, small enterprises may not be able to hire professional data recovery companies because of financial constraints. Small businesses generally lack enough money to maintain secondary hardware or software to make backup copies of their data or to hire professional IT experts to help recover data in the event of a server failure. For these businesses, cheap data recovery possibilities are also available.
- Hosting: Sometimes, good hosting providers allow users to back up their website data on a weekly basis so as to prevent the loss of data in the event of a server outage. Usually, these hosting providers have better data backup systems than most small businesses can afford.
- Online Backup: Some companies allow small businesses to back up important files on their servers on a daily basis. These services are usually cheap; however, their rates may vary according to amount of data and the level of desired service.
- Maintain Extra Copies: It is generally considered to be wise to maintain extra copies of extremely important data at your house or some other place. This way, even if you don’t have a data recovery plan, you may still be able to recover some important data.
Factors to Consider in Data Recovery Companies
Sometimes, organizations do not know on what basis to select a data recovery company. Since data recovery is essential to a business, it is important to put in a lot of thought to the selection of a data recovery company. Businesses may need to consider several factors while making the selection. Some are given below:
- Reputation: The reputation of a business in the market tells a lot about the quality of services. While making a selection, look for reputed and known brand names. Also check if the company has been in the news for bad services.
- Infrastructure: Have a look at the infrastructure of the company. If you plan to pay lots of money for their services, make sure their infrastructure is state of the art. Also see, if they have trained technical staff.
- Experience: Evaluate the firm’s success rate. See if you can trust them enough with your important data or not. Also, look for feedback from their old clients.
Having special arrangements for server recovery is extremely important for all types of businesses as the loss of important information may prove to be a major setback for the business.