Seeing the utter dejection on account of Xperia X10, Sony Ericsson truly wanted an innovative product that can set the company happy there once it comes to high-end smart-phones. Publicly launched at CES 2011, the Sony Ericsson Xperia arc characterizes a new dawn in the company’s program to give boost to Sony mobile market. Sony Ericsson appears to understand wrong steps taken by them, as the phone is equipped not only with wonderful structure and hardware, but at last with the newest edition of Android – 2.3 Gingerbread – out of nowhere. To tell the truth, the phone has an exclusive contour, thanks to the planet’s slimmest smart-phone mid-section, therefore the arc name.
The outside of the Sony Ericsson Xperia arc is just 0.34” (8.7mm) slim in the center, which steadily grows to be 0.39” (10mm) at either ends. The overarching aim (pun planned) has been to wing the corporation with “the thinnest” tagline and the outcome is gorgeous. Anybody would love its sleek and slim appearance, as it is one of the best ways of having a big screen Sony mobile.
The magnitude of the gigantic 4.2” display is hardly prickly at 0.34” width, and the vaulted shape builds it extra at ease to clutch and operate. The 4.2” screen is of Sony’s personal Super LCD range, with 480×854 pixels of resolution and a backlit LED. Just prior to CES 2011 handsets with this kind of resolution were intending for silver medal, rambling merely the iPhone 4’s Retina Display, but with the declaration of the qHD displays in a few of Motorola’s fresh phones, Sony mobile is looking at bronze here. What makes it a standout, even if, is that it is beautified with Sony’s BRAVIA engine that the corporation employs in its high-quality flat screen TV sets. With the accumulation of the Mobile BRAVIA Engine to this display category, Sony has turned up with a fresh advertising heading – the Reality Display. What it does in reality is to fine tune the contrast and sharpness of the print when exhibiting pictures or streaming video clips.
- Display: 4.2in touch-screen 854 × 480 pixels of resolution; TFT display 16,777,216 colors
- Available Colors: Misty Silver and Midnight Blue
- Weight: 117 gm; 4.1 oz (inclusive of battery)
- Battery: Lithium-Polymer, 1500 mAh.
- Stand by: up to 430h (it generally stays within the range of 400-430h)
- Music Play: max. up to 31h non-stop
- Talk Time: 7h each on HSDPA and GSM
- Camera: Megapixel, 8.1 with a resolution of 3264×2448 pixels; face recognition; focus; smile detection; touch focus; stabilizer for images and videos.
- Operating System: Android 2.3
- Memory: 512MB
- Storage: microSD memory card; extendable up to 32GB
- Connectivity: A2DP microUSB 2.0 in tandem with Bluetooth v2.1; Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g
- Physical size: 125 x 63 x 8.7 mm.
- Messaging: Standard text messaging along with the feature of Instant Messaging rendering chat facility on mobile.
- Entertainment: Long music hours (mentioned above) plus, in-built games and can be downloaded as well in this latest Sony mobile.