Aside from nuclear power reactors, there are also other sources of harmful radiation. Wireless cards, mobile phones, signal towers, network routers, microwaves, and airplanes, are just some of the devices that we use on a daily basis and are sources of radiation. Prolonged exposure can pose great risk to our health and can even cause cancer. Below are some steps which you can take to minimize the risk from exposure to radiation.
- Load yourself up with superfoods such as spirulina and chlorella, which have both demonstrated benefits on protecting the body from radiation exposure. Scientific studies have shown how these sea-based superfoods can do wonders to the human body.
- Make sure that you consume enough iodine in a day since it will work for the glandular system thus, protecting the body from radiation. If you fail to consume enough iodine in your diet, the thyroid glands will deteriorate if the body is exposed to radiation.
- Our mobile devices can also pose great risk of radiation exposure. To avoid prolonged exposure, it will be smart to keep your device far from your body as frequently as possible. Since mobile phones communicate constantly with your mobile network’s radio towers even when you are not using it, these devices continuously emit damaging electromagnetic radiation, which is harmful to the body.
- If you are used to charging your cell phone every night, make sure that you keep your phone at least five feet far away from the body. Keep in mind that your mobile phone will transmit radioactive signals all night long even if you are not using it, so make sure that it is as far away from the body as much as possible.
- When using your mobile device for calling, make sure that you use a headset device so that the device’s transmission antenna will be a distance away from your head. So instead of holding your phone right against your ear when using it to talk with other people, keep it far away from you to avoid the transmission of radiation directly to the brain.
There are still other sources of harmful radiation and we sometimes cannot avoid being exposed to it. The only thing that we could do is take extra precautionary steps to avoid prolonged exposure and its damaging effects to the health. Be sure to maintain a healthy diet so that the body parts and glands responsible for protecting the human body will not be damaged through radiation exposure.
It can be a good enough reason to ask that questions “should I sell my cell phone” or is it all a bit over dramatic. The decision is yours.