In order to improve your Samsung Galaxy S2 you have to install Thunderbolt Jelly Bean Rom which is another great Custom Rom for your device. It it based on Android Jelly Bean 4.1.2 and you can chose from 5 different launchers: Apex, Nova, Stock Jelly Bean, TouchWiz UX, or Experia Launcher. Other good feature of this Rom is that you will have in settings menu full AOKP ROM Control option. Before installing this Custom Rom you can select from 4 different Kernels: siyah, doriminax, CM10, in AROMA graphical installer. Using this Custom Rom and installing from market Superuser.apk you will be able to overclock your Galaxy S2 up to 1600 Mhz.
In this article androidtalk.us will present you how to flash Thunderbolt Jelly Bean Rom on a Galaxy S2 smartphone, the international version I9100 with, very important, a rooted KERNEL. If you want to ROOT your SGS2 visit my older post Root Galaxy S2.
- You will void your warranty after flashing Thunderbolt Jelly Bean Rom on your Galaxy S2. AndroidTalk will not be held responsible for any damage occurred to your device as a result of following the next article. Follow it on your own risk.
- This guide applies just for Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100. Don’t install it on another Galaxy S2 model
- This tutorial worked for us and it should work for you too, therefore this guide was tested first
- Read all the instructions carefully before attempting to root
- If you encounter any problems don’t hesitate to write a comment
- Download Thunderbolt Jelly Bean Rom.zip
- Charge up your phone for at least 50%
- Backup all your data before continuing, using Samsung Kies or another backup application.
Step 1. Connect your phone to the computer to copy the Thunderbolt Jelly Bean Rom.zip file, or download it directly from the phone and move it on the SD card or internal memory, without unzipping it.
Step 2. Enter Clockwork Mode Recovery by pressing simultaneously Volume up, Home and Power buttons for approximately 9 seconds.
Step 3. Before you begin the installation you have to make a Wipe data/factory reset. To do that select “Wipe data/factory reset” and then “Yes delete all user data”. You can navigate With the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons and select with the Power button.
Step 4. Press “Install zip from sdcard” after select “chose zip from sdcard” or “chose zip from internal storage”, than select the file you copied in Step 1. and in the end hit “yes install Thunderbolt Jelly Bean Rom.zip“. Now you have to wait up to 5 minutes until it appears on the screen “Installation Complete”.
Step 5. Press “Reboot Now” and after a few moments your SGS2 should start booting the new Thunderbolt Jelly Bean Custom Rom.
Enjoy it !