Lenovo’s Essential G-Series has released the G560 as one of their laptop products aimed for essential, daily computing. The G560’s 15.6 inch costs only $699; it has almost the same features as with other PCs and the battery life is quite long. It is a bit slim measuring 1.4X14.8X9.9 inches and weighing 5.7 pounds. It is not really a convenient part of your baggage but it can also give you entertainment for as long as 4 hours travel time.
The shiny lid looks pretty but simple.
– The chassis is black with the lid covered with faded tread – resembling design. The shiny lid is a disappointment because it attracts blotches and stains.
The keyboard is traditionally designed with a mini numeric pad at the right portion.
– When you open the lid, you will see the traditionally designed keyboard. The keys are firm at the sides but when you go on to the center, the keys tend to sink to the bottom. But it is comfortable to type on. G560 even included a mini numeric pad on the left where you press the Fn key to use it.
The left side keys are firm.
– A touch pad found at the bottom has hidden mouse buttons in it which made it confusing as you try to navigate on it.
– LED backlit display with a native resolution of 1,366X768, the 15.6 inch screen showed beautiful and crisp colors. Aside from it having a narrow viewing angle, the screen attracts a great amount of light that makes it like a mirror.
– A couple of speakers are found at the bottom of the screen which produces a satisfactory audio output.
Connectivity and Expansions
Numerous ports are situated at the sides of the chassis.
– As with the standard for most PCs, the G560 has the VGA/HDMI, 2 USB 2.0 ports and a USB/eSATA combo port. An ExpressCard/34 slot, five format card reader, 802.11b/g/n and Gigabit Ethernet ports are also included in the unit.
Processor and Memory
– The Lenovo G560 is powered by Intel’s 2.13GHz Core i3 – 330M processor. The 4GB RAM is good for storing plenty of videos, tracks and documents. A 320GB hard drive and Intel’s GMA HD graphics chip provides a quality time for viewing movies and playing simple games.
– An extra perk, which is the DVD±RW drive, it can beat some of its competitors and not to forget that it is already incorporated in this $699 unit.
Applications and Software
– Face – recognition application
– Lenovo DirectShare file syncing application
– Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit version operating system
– One aspect that puts G560 on top is its battery life. When used for video streaming, the 6 – cell Lithium ion battery can last up to 3 hours. But for simple browsing and typing, the battery can run until almost 5 hours, which makes it better than the units with almost similar features.
If you are a trendy person with the need for a classy and affordable laptop, then the Lenovo G560 is the right choice for you. With its long battery life, entertainment is what you bring anywhere you go.