High speed cameras have been of much utility since the time they came into play. There are a various niches in which these cameras are used and are pretty good at their jobs. In this post let us see, how high speed cameras are of much use when it comes to sports.
Every sport, while you are capturing it, requires the cameraman to have cat like reflexes so that he does not miss out any vital event in the play. These high speed cameras help him in doing so. There are various cameras that are fixed with secondary mirrors that help in tracking the rapid movements of the players and the ball and mostly they are more efficient than the operator himself.
So, the technology has made it even easier to capture the entire gameplay without losing focus even a single time. These high speed cameras are used for the following purposes in sports:
- These high speed cameras help in tracking the position of the ball or the puck, depending on the respective sport. These allow the cameras to record the entire gameplay from the most suitable vantage point and present a perfect covered game to the viewers on their television sets and that too in real time without the need of switching between the various camera feeds manually in order to keep an eye on the ball or the puck every alternate second.
- These high speed cameras are also completely capable of calculating the speed of the ball in order to have a fair idea about the player’s statistics and in order to keep track on any record breaks and make the game even more exciting.
- The high speed cameras that are available today shoot videos at full HD 1080p and at a really high frame rate. This allows the jury to have a better look at the replays of the events in the situation of any discrepancy and to make the right decision. All the amazing high quality slow motion replays that you see on your TV sets are a gift of these high speed cameras only.
- Also these high speed cameras avoid the blurring of the picture in case of very high speed and rapid actions by the players. This allows the viewers to have a crisp, clear and very detailed picture of the play.
- These high speed cameras are also provided with a very wide angle lens in order to cover most of the play field so that every minute detail is captured and presented to the viewers and that too in real time.
- These high speed cameras have a really fast processor that controls the auto focus and focus shift in an unbeatable manner that no manual operator can match.
- Because these high speed cameras track the ball or the player automatically, it beats the natural reflex limitation of a human operator. By the time the operator is able to apprehend the position of the ball, the high speed camera is able to shift back and forth between the players and the ball as many as 20 times in that same time. So, you can very well imagine the speed and the accuracy with which these automatic high speed cameras work when it comes to rapid sport shoots.
So, next time while you are enjoying your respective sport on your television sets, you should really thank these high speed cameras for all the thrilling and exciting moments that come your way and make the game more engaging. Also keep an eye out for the details with which these cameras present you the game as a whole.