After extensive rounds of testing in Q4 2010, BullGuard Internet Security 10 announces today that it passed the AV-Test Labs certification with flying colors. Scoring well above the industry average, BullGuard’s radical detection technology has proven itself against traditionally established names in the industry, like Kaspersky, PC Tools and Norton.
This is a great thing if you’re looking to invest in reliable software that will protect your precious computer; except at the low price of $59.95, I wouldn’t necessarily call it a hefty investment. Bullguard’s Internet Security 10 has been labeled the most comprehensive Internet security suite at sub-$60 price point, protecting you from online threats like identity theft, credit card fraud, hackers, spam, viruses and spyware. Standard benefits include:
- User-friendly application ensures complete protection from online threats like identity theft, credit card fraud, hackers, viruses and spyware
- Antivirus with Behavioral Detection Technology catches 65% more malware than traditional reactive virus detection programs
- Safe Browsing function flags any registered, unsafe Web sites that come up in search results
- Inspector feature locates vulnerable, outdated software before hackers exploit it
- Spamfilter keeps your inbox free from junk mail and phishing attempts
- Game Mode ensures gamers’ PCs are protected without compromising speed during game play
- Comes with 5GB online backup and a one-year, three PC subscription
“With the industry average of 55% when it comes to blocking malware, I think we can safely say that BullGuard has proven itself with a 100% protection rate. This result demonstrates that we made the right decision to add behavioral detection technology as a component to traditional signature-based and heuristic virus detection – the methods that most of our competitors are still basing their detection on,” said Claus Villumsen, BullGuard CTO.