Online world have a great competition between the websites to get higher rank on the search engines and to get more and more traffic. So, in this highly competitive phase how can a person afford to get high bounce rate of the website. A website having low bounce rate assumes to be a good site on the web world.
First, let us take a brief introduction with the bounce rate.
A bounce rate is a way to analyze the quality of the traffic lands to your site. It tracks the number of visitors visit your site and how much time they spend there. So, a bounce rate should be as low as possible. If you have a site having high bounce rate then you should start investigating the reason and sort it out as it can give you trouble in future. For example, a bounce rate 37% is much better than 67%. A bounce rate tells the exact value of your site. It has been assumed that bounce rate should always be less than 50%.
- Relevant Keywords
Selecting keywords is the basic work for your site. Your website’s traffic, value, bounce rate are highly dependent on the type of keywords you are choosing. So try to choose the most relevant keywords whose search volume is higher but competition should be less. Relevant keywords will drive the right kind of traffic to your site, hence low bounce rate.
2. Page Loading Time
Page loading time highly affects the bounce rate. No visitor like to wait for the site to get open they just move to another site by closing yours. So be attentive about the loading time of your site and improve it. Instantly open sites have low bounce rate than the others.
3. Quality Content
Make sure about the quality of your site’s content. Relevant and unique content will stick the visitors to the site and hence decrease the bounce rate.
4. Navigation Structure
Proper navigation structure will drive the visitor to the desired place. So the visitor keep going from one page of the site to another which ultimately reduces the bounce rate.
5. Add some Interesting features and tools to your site
There are many features available that you can add on your site to entertain and stick the visitors to your site to reduce bounce rate. Some of the features are:
- Comments – Ask the visitors for the comment at the end of the post. You can also ask any question, so that more and more comments can come in the form of answers. And always give answer to the comments of the visitors that can be “Thanks for your comment”, or “Thanks for the visit” etc.
- Feedback Forms – Set a feedback form on your site and ask the visitors to submit their feedback if they wish.
- Recent posts – Add this tool at the right side of your site where all the recently published articles present in the form of links to those posts.
- Top Stories – Similarly add “top stories” and link the posts accordingly.
- Related Content – Also add this tool on your site’s page.
- Popular Content – This tool will show all your popular posts, so that anyone can come and read them directly from this tool links.
All the above will help you to reduce your website’s bounce rate and increase the targeted traffic.
Roberta Smith is an Entrepreneur who designs and develops solutions for a business. She also writes as a freelancer for a number of online communities and is writing this post for http://www.airportmarinaford.com