Pay per click advertising has definitely revolutionised the business world, especially when it comes to marketing a company’s products and services. With only a few dollars a day, a business owner can now get access to advertising methods that reach a wide global audience. This is a far cry from the advertising used a few decades ago. Then, the only way of telling people about your products and services was through a radio or a newspaper, and even then the audience was very limited. Presently, there are no inhibitions of any kind when it comes to advertising. Online marketing crosses national and political borders and disregards religion race or gender. It is basically a global megaphone with which you can market your products and services.
Many services such as Adwords management have come up to offer better ways of using pay per click advertising to ensure that you effectively reach your targeted market. There are very many perks and benefits that come with using Google’s pay per click marketing advertising tool, Adwords. The marketer definitely enjoys a global audience that he would otherwise not have been able to achieve. However, even with all the benefits and advantages associated with it, there are still some drawbacks that come with using Google Adwords.
- The business owner or company is able to capture the targeted traffic. Google only shows the advertisement when someone runs a search using the same keywords used in the advertisement or related keywords. This ensures that resources are not wasted on non-concerned market groups. For example, an advertisement for baby clothes will only appear when a mum searches for something related but not when anyone else searches for something. This is unlike the newspaper, where the advertisement is generalised.
- Adwords management is cost effective since you only reach targeted consumers. The traffic to your website will only be made up of interested parties. Hence, you do not waste resources on non-interested market groups.
- It ensures quality of a website. Google will rank the advertisements depending on a number of factors, one among them being the landing website. If the website is low quality, then your advertisements will not be shown. This helps ensure that the content of a website is high quality. The higher the rating of your website, the less money you use in Adwords management
- Trial and error. There is no textbook knowledge in the world that will guarantee the top position in Google advertisements. You have to go through trial-and-error methods so as to gain experience in the PPC advertising field. This can cost you money and precious time.
- A bit of skills and knowledge are required in Adwords management. Otherwise, you have to use more resources to outsource the work to an Adwords management company.
Basically, Google Adwords is a great marketing tool. You just have to ensure that you can effectively manage it or use a professional company to help you.
Abbie is a freelance writer and researcher. She has a great knowledge and experience about PPC management and Adwords Management. She offers consultation services for organisations, corporations and businesses looking for tools to advertise their online business.