Who doesn’t want a big set of guns? Well-sculpted arms are generally made a priority by most guys (as well as women) because they are functional and easily noticed by everyone. Ever since Arnold unleashed his massive pythons in the movies people have been looking to capture even just a bit of that glory to stretch shirt sleeves and make people go, “Wow.”
This program is designed around the concept of push-pull where we will train the Triceps and Biceps together. The alternating of exercises keeps the area flushed with blood for a super pump to blow up those guns.
Ideally working these muscles together works great with Shoulders or just on a day by themselves. But you can fit this program into a schedule in a way that works best for you.
Gun Show Arm Blaster
We will start with more of a pumping exercise to warm up the muscles and elbow joint before jumping into heavier work. Form, focus, and squeezing the muscles in a contraction are really important. Take your time on each rep going a little slower than you might normally.
- Single Cable Concentration Curls – 2 sets of 12 reps. Using a cable station and low pulley, perform single arm cable curls in the classic concentration curl position with your arm resting against your thigh to hold the arm still.
- Single Cable Triceps Kickbacks – 2 sets of 12 reps. On the same machine switch to kickbacks. With your body bent at the waist and back flat, position your upper arm tight against your ribs as you kick your lower arm back to a straight position.
- Incline Dumbbell Hammer Curls – 2 sets of 6-8 reps. Sit on an incline bench with a pair of dumbbells. With thumbs pointing up perform the hammer curls. This angle really hits the long portion of the biceps and the forearms.
- JM Press – 2 sets of 6-8 reps. This is a hybrid between close grip bench presses and lying triceps extensions. Lie flat on a bench with an EZ curl bar. Start with your arms locked out over your body. Star bending at the elbow lowering the weight towards your head until you get to about a 45 degree angle and then lower your elbows until the bar is just at your chin, then press back up and extend to lock out.
- Rope Curls – 2 sets of 8-10 reps. Use a rope handle attached to a low cable. With your elbows locked at your side, curl the weight up. Start with your thumbs pointing up and rotate your wrists until palms are facing your chest as you complete the curl.
- Overhead Rope Triceps Extensions – 2 sets of 8-10 reps. Use a rope handle attached to a low cable. Start with the rope in your hands behind your back. Your elbow will be pointing up and tight to your head. Extend your arms until your hands are pointing straight up.
This routine is brief but intense. Because the first set of exercises really flushes the area with blood and warms up the joints there is less reason to use a high number of sets on the remaining exercises. If you are focusing on nice slow movements and holding contractions for a one or two count then your muscles will be screaming by the time you get done with these 12 sets of gun blasting work.
At Nutribomb Discount Bodybuilding Supplements, we provide up to date and timely information on how to maximize your fitness goals. Visit Nutribomb for the information you need to meet your fitness goals.