Even the third world countries now enjoy 4G innovation. This has given the global populace speedy and trouble-free broadband connectivity. What more can you ask for if you could now browse the web through your mobile phone, download more in a shorter time, enjoy fast streaming and improved multimedia uploads? But what is 4G mobile broadband to you? What are the advantages and disadvantages of it?
4G Mobile Broadband in Layman’s Terms
4G simply means 4th generation. It is a set of technologies that present more advanced features, allowing you to enjoy several perks. It was intended to make web surfing more fun, giving the subscribers a chance to experience broadband experience to a whole new level. It presents three standards; Wimax, LTE (Long Term Evolution) and HSPA+ (Evolved High-Speed Packet Access). This delivers broadband both at homes and mobile devices.
- Mobility –with 4G innovation, you’re no longer chained to your office. You can enjoy a virtual office wherever you might be so long as you have your phone with you. No more deciding whether to deal with your work-related tasks or go somewhere for much needed break as you could get them done while you’re on your way. Video streaming, VoIP and other things you thought you could only do indoors were made possible.
- Convergence –maybe the only thing that your 4G-enabled mobile phone can’t do for you is to cook your breakfast though you can get tons of recipes from it. Aside from making calls, you can answer emails, edit and upload documents too. No need for costly desktop licenses and video conferencing.
- Almost unlimited access –4G gives you high connectivity for both work and personal life. You can keep the sales coming by efficiently delivering impeccable service to your clients even when you’re not in your office. You won’t ever need to worry about weak signals as you go around town. There’d be no time wasted as you can catch your favorite shows and stream movies.
- Costly rates –compared with wired data, mobile data is more expensive. While it is true that you wouldn’t have to pay for a management team that will deal with your business affairs, there is an increased possibility that your phone bill will escalate especially if you will use it often for more than a few purposes.
- Interception possibilities –another thing that should concern you is the tendency of interception of wireless data. If you would settle for 4G mobile broadband, you have to make certain that your provider has strong encryption solutions. Also, storing data in portable devices are prone to losing all your data easily. Furthermore, you would have to constantly watch your back as you may never know who listens to confidential information you can’t help disclosing when you talk in public places.
While 4G mobile broadband has its downsides, nobody can deny the fact that it is of tremendous help to mobile subscribers. All 4g information can be found using this resource.
Krystine Joy Sitjar has a gift of “putting the cookies in the lower shelf.” He got years of experience in educating people about technological milestones in layman’s terms in order to reach everyone including the not so tech-savvy ones.