For those who were using Windows and were facing the problem of resizing and moving the windows from one place to another, there is good news. For those who are already using Linux and Unix, and who know the concept of alt-dragging, this would be a familiar concept which could be used in Windows also.
It is a non-complex, lightweight and most importantly free program!! It helps you to move and resize the windows by pressing the alt key and dragging the windows to the desired size. It is quite similar to the X11 managers.
This is especially beneficial to those people who work with either large monitors or multiple monitors and who face this difficulty of too much mouse movement, Taekwindow proves to be an absolutely time saving program. It also saves you from a lot of frustration.
It is absolutely free to download. It is a tiny program which takes little time to get downloaded and can be installed instantly and you are good to go. You can start using it anytime you want and there are no problems of obtaining it and then downloading it.
Features in which Taekwindow is used are:
- In earlier programs, you had to click on the title bar for moving the windows but now, Taekwindow helps in moving the window by clicking and grabbing from anywhere while holding the alt key and using the left mouse button.
- Also, earlier, for resizing the window, you had to hold the tiny border and move it but now you can grab the window from anywhere and, while holding the alt key, move it with the right mouse button.
- You can also move a window which is already maximized between the monitors by alt dragging which was not possible earlier.
- You can also click under the cursor and use the scroll wheel on the window.
- If you want to push a window to the background, you just have to click on the middle part of the title bar.
It is also an advantage that all such features are customizable and you can adapt them to your own choice. It is only used in Windows and it needs .NET framework 2.0 and above for it’s functioning. And it is suited for Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7. To sum it up, it is an attractive, efficient and cost-effective package of mouse tools for users who are frustrated with window herding.