Having a smartphone or business mobile can get very expensive, very fast. Luckily, there are ways to greatly reduce your costs. If you are tired of paying too much for your business mobile phones, read on.
If you are the owner of a business mobile phone, then you’ll be aware of how much your mobile phone bill can be, without even mentioning the cost overall for your business phone systems. Getting the right plan, and managing the way you use your phone is really important. Using the internet can be very expensive, and this is one of the main reasons why we have business mobile phones in the first place. If you are looking to control your mobile phone bills, the tips we’ve listed here are extremely useful:
• Pre-paid. With pre-paid mobile bills and telephone systems, you know that you are limited with the amount you can use on your phone(s). You might be paying too much for each call and each time you connect to the internet, but you can be sure of how much you will be paying. When you run out of credit on your phone, you need to recharge your account. Not the best way to get the best business mobile deal, but at least you can control your spending.
• Brokers. Mobile brokers are companies that specialise in getting the best business mobile phone deals for you and your company. They are in the business of business mobile solutions. They must know what they are doing otherwise they simply won’t survive in their industry. There has to be a reason for their existence. This is definitely something to think about. I would guess the people running these companies used to work for the network providers.
• Free Wifi. Being as broke as I am, I know how to get by on the sniff of an oily rag. I barely even make a call on my mobile phone. I use VOIP applications such as Skype, and I use free Wifi connections in coffee shops and just about anywhere they are available. No free Wifi, and I am not online. That is how you need to get by when you are a writer and designer.
• Plan. If you don’t know how to look for a decent phone plan, then you shouldn’t have a mobile phone. In actual fact, most mobile phones are sold by the network providers to lock you into a plan. Make sure you can modify your plan otherwise you might end up paying a lot more than you initially thought.
• Travel. If you have the luxury of travel, or you move to cheaper countries because you cannot afford to live in your home country anymore, then you will be forced into mobile roaming. Or will you? Buy pre-paid SIM cards wherever you are, and use the free Wifi technique above. This is the only way you can reduce the ridiculous international charges you will be faced with if you use your home country’s network provider. You will not be able to get a plan if you are not a permanent resident of the country you are currently residing in.
Mobile phones can end up being very expensive. The fact is we need them, and they can cost a lot of money if you aren’t careful. From someone who knows how to get by on next-to-nothing each month, using the above tips can really help reduce your mobile phone bill.