If you’re out on the open road, there’s nothing like technology to keep you grounded. Here are some of the most useful iPhone apps to help you find the services you need while on the road.
1. 4roadservice.com App: Helps you find services near your location without having to leave the driver’s seat. With a live data connection from 4roadservice.com’s website, you always have the most up to date information. Hurry on this one! You can get it for free while they are still testing the GPS portion of the app.
2. RV Parks: A free app that searches a database in excess of 18,000 RV parks all while allowing you to read authentic user reviews and photos. You can upload your own reviews too!
3. AllStays Camp & RV: Built for campers, by campers. Not a cheap app at 5.99, but offers some great special features like an option to filter which Rest Stops and Turn Outs show up in your search by the direction you are heading.
4. RV Owner’s Community: From Social Knowledge LLC, this app allows users to post questions from the road or campground and upload photos for others to enjoy.
5. RV Trader: In need of a new place to call home? This free app allows you to search through more than 45,000 new and used RVs for sale. Only want to look for a Winnebago RV? No problem! RV trader will help you sort through listings by type, condition, price range, and model year. Then it will show you the RV dealers who have what you are looking for that are closest to your location.
6. RV Buyers Guide: Not just for buyers! This resource lets you bring the most popular magazine for recreational vehicle enthusiasts with you wherever you travel. Packed with information about travel destinations, the latest RVs and recent industry news.
7. Passport America RV Club: Traveling on a budget? This is app is your new best friend. Over 1500 campgrounds across the US, Canada, and Mexico participate in the Passport America program and if you become a member of Passport America you can find up to a 50% discount on campgrounds.
8. RV Checklist: Get organized! This great app has multiple lists for tasks such as departing from a site, preparing for a trip and winterization. It even allows the user to add, delete, and modify tasks on the lists.
9. RV Companion: The journal app for the RV world. This app makes it easy and fun to track all of your RV and camping information in one place. The RV Companion lets you keep track of vital information such as your supplies, campground site information, reservation contact details and more.
10. RV Dump Stations: Last but not least! Never have to think about where to get rid of the least appealing part of RVing again. RV Dumps does all the work for you by checking your current location and telling you where the nearest available Dump station is located.